LOWA Limited Warranty
LOWA Limited Warranty
Limited Warranty: Beattie Matheson Limited (“Beattie Matheson”) warrants that its footwear (LOWA) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. This limited warranty only applies to LOWA footwear purchased from an authorised LOWA retailer in New Zealand. NB: Any claim under warranty must be accompanied by proof of purchase.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER FAIR WEAR AND TEAR OR MATTERS THAT ARISE AS A RESULT OF, OR ARE CONTRIBUTED TO BY, ANY FAILURE TO ADEQUATELY MAINTAIN THE FOOTWEAR, OR ANY UNUSUAL OR IMPROPER USE.
This limited warranty does not cover, and except to the extent required by law Beattie Matheson (LOWA) shall have no obligation or liability with respect to, any damage or problems that result from:
· Applying unsuitable care products such as Dubbin, Neatsfoot Oil, Mink Oil, Beeswax and other preparations containing oil or fat based products.
· Wear and tear, including wear holes, snags and worn stitching.
· Failure to adequately maintain the product, including proper cleaning and leather conditioning. LOWA care products are highly recommended, Active Crème and Waterstop.
· Alterations, modifications or repair work performed by anyone other than a LOWA approved repairer.
· Products returned beyond the applicable warranty period, or used other than in the manner intended.
· Damage caused by chemical or other foreign body contamination including farm yard waste, acids & petroleum products. When used for farming any farmyard waste contamination needs to be removed promptly to avoid damage to the leather and especially the polyurethane midsoles.
· Damp or wet boots having been rapidly dried near a radiator, fire or direct sunlight.
· Cuts, abrasions, or damage resulting from accident, neglect, abuse, misuse or from other than normal and ordinary use of the product.
· Improper or inadequate fit (once footwear product has been worn/used).
Exclusive Remedy: Repair or Replacement of Defective Product. If Beattie Matheson determines, after having the opportunity to evaluate the alleged defective product, that such product does not, in Beattie Matheson’s sole judgement, conform to this limited warranty, Beattie Matheson will, at its option and in its sole discretion, either repair or replace the product without charge to the customer. Beattie Matheson shall have no liability or responsibility under this limited warranty beyond repair or replacement of the defective product, and repair or replacement of the defective product shall be the customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for breach of this limited warranty. This limited warranty will cover any footwear repaired or footwear replaced, but the length of this limited warranty shall not extend beyond the warranty period determined by reference to the original date of purchase and not by reference to the date on which any footwear was repaired or replaced under this limited warranty.
Exercise of Limited Warranty Rights. This limited warranty only applies to LOWA footwear purchased from an authorised LOWA retailer. All warranty claims must be made through the retailer. To exercise their rights under this limited warranty, the customer must deliver, mail or ship the alleged defective product (postage, shipping charges and insurance prepaid) to the retailer within the applicable warranty period, together with a written report setting forth the date of purchase and a brief description of the warranty problem. No returns will be accepted for evaluation unless the product is accompanied by the completed LOWA Return Form. Failure to comply with these procedures shall void this limited warranty.
Limitation of Liability. Beattie Matheson shall only be liable to the customer for direct actual loss caused by any matter covered by this limited warranty up to the purchase price for the relevant product. Beattie Matheson shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, special, contingent, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of profits); any exemplary or punitive damages; any damages in excess of the purchase price; or any damages whatever to any third party whether based on contract, tort, equity or otherwise.
Disclaimer of Unstated Warranties: To the extent permitted by law, Beattie Matheson does not warrant, undertake or make any representations, and disclaims all warranties, undertakings or representations, whatever (whether implied or express) other than those expressly set out in this limited warranty, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranties arising from course of dealing or usage of trade.
There is no implied lifespan for our products due to the many variables which affect footwear.